Sunday, January 25, 2009

SHARKS

I went spearing the last two days and found some excellent coral reefs. This one area has some of the best selection of bommies and little caves for fish to hide in. This area was crawling with a limitless amount of fish to spear. The area is so good that it has another permanent inhabitant; the whitetip reef shark. This area had a bunch of them, from 3ft. babies to 6ft adults. It's tough to spear in the area because they will be attracted to the fish I spear and will try and take them from me. If I do spear a fish I have to swim like hell back to the boat before one of them sharks me; steals the fish off my spear. I know they are supposed to be relatively harmless to humans but they are still sharks. It is hard to tell yourself that you are fine when you have a six footer swimming nearby with the theme music to JAWS in your head.

From Under the Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment